10 September, 2013

5x5

Fall Ball

I am learning that painting on a small surface is more complicated than I first smirked at (shame on me)!  Throw in trying to ONLY use a palate knife and new subjects sounds like a trip to the beach, yeah right.  

One issue is how to paint comfortably this tiny square?  I end up holding it in my hands most of the time, I haven't quite found a good angle to get at it when it's on my easel.   Oh and my choice of the very detailed subjects - maybe I should leave those to larger surfaces or embrace my new "art wrinkles" that are sure to be forming.

I am stretching myself and that is my goal.  The feedback I am receiving from friends old & new from Facebook and elsewhere really makes my heart smile.  Art is my joy.

Off to find some colors!

Lavette

No comments:

Post a Comment